Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Provide students with appropriate in-person and remote learning activities and experiences in the subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Valid Texas teaching certificate or industry experience for local credentialing
Demonstrated competency in the subject area assigned
[Physical Education Teachers: Current automated external defibrillator (AED)
Knowledge of subject assigned
Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students in person and remotely
Classroom Management and Cyber Security
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements for the district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in individual student differences.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment, and technology that reflect an understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, administrative regulations.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Plan and assign work to the instructional aide(s) and volunteer(s) and oversee completion.
Student Growth and Development
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
- Be a positive role model for students; support the mission of the school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
- Create a physical or online classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct and student handbook. Follow all district/ campus health, safety and cybersecurity protocols.
- Take necessary precautions to promote safe and sanitary hygiene practices. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selecting books, equipment and other instructional materials.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with parents, students, colleagues, and community members. Remote learning and online platforms may be required to facilitate communication.
Professional Growth and Development
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.